Hurricane Dorian made my butt clench in anxiety, I am not going to lie. Florida was a little messed up during the week up to the hurricane which ended up being not much more than a tropical storm with a few droplets of rain–making life here inconvenient.
The worst thing that happened to me during Hurricane Dorian was that we decided it would be a great idea to buy our 5 cats Hurricane treats, as you do when you are irreverent hurricane Floridian fucks. So we got some cans of Fancy Feast (not sponsored, thank you) to feed our beloved furballs.
This was a mistake.
A huge mistake.
A shitty, shitty mistake, if you would.
You know as an animal person there’s a point in a baby animals life when they transition between food. Kittens being weaned onto solid food, puppies the same and so on.
And those people also know what happens during that transition.
And the smell.
My 10 year old cat laid a deuce so fucking ripe that I had to leave my house. My fucking house, guys.
So anyway, they’re back on their regular science diet food.
But there’s nothing hilarious about what Hurricane Dorian did to the Bahamas. So please do me a solid and consider a few things:
- Donate to Empact Northwest – Humanitarian and Disaster relief
- Find local Emergency Operations Centers in Florida to donate items you didn’t need or use for Hurricane Dorian.
- Donate or Volunteer at All Hands and Hearts
- Check out Charity Navigator Hurricane Dorian page to find out and choose which charity suits you best to donate to.
What you can donate to Hurricane Dorian victims:
- Toiletries: toothpaste, mouthwash, feminine products, deodorant, shampoo, soap for example.
- Diapers, baby formula, baby food
- Cleaning supplies
- Canned goods
- Box fans
- Leather work gloves
- Hand sanitizers
- Non perishable food
- Wipes (for cleaning and for babies)
- Pet carriers
- Pet food in cans
So while we continue on living our lives with our homes intact and our cats stinking up our lives in their adorable, purring way, please consider those who didn’t make it out of this hurricane with the same luck and hopefully we can make a small difference in someone’s life today.